Friday, August 30, 2013

Is your audience engaged?

From Dana Wilde, originally posted at http://danawilde.com/is-your-audience-engaged.html

Is your audience engaged?
Are you in a business where you have to do a presentation or engage an audience?

Well, guess what?  There is a short cut to doing that!

. . . And I reveal it in this two minute video . . .



YouTube Link:  http://youtu.be/CXcMJfcV8cA

Video Script:

Hi, it’s Dana Wilde from The Mind Aware.  Are you in a business where you have to do a presentation or engage an audience?  It doesn’t really matter if it’s an audience of eight people in someone’s living room or if it’s an auditorium of thousands, it can still sometimes be nerve-wracking trying to figure out how to be entertaining and engaging, right?  Well, guess what?  There is a short cut!

And let me give some credit as to where I learned this short cut . . . when I was in training to do my radio show, The Mind Aware Show, I trained with a man named Cliff Dumas.  Here is a picture of Cliff.  The company Cliff works with, The Randy Lane Company is responsible for training some of the best talent in the entertainment industry . . . people like Ryan Seacrest, Jimmy Kimmel, and Carson Daly.  So naturally, when Cliff gave me advice about presenting to an audience, I listened!   So here’s the tip . . .

Start your presentation with questions. Start your presentation with a few questions that help to draw your audience members in.  That’s what I did with this video, right?  So here are some ways you can implement this.

Let’s say you are doing a presentation about improving health.  Why not start your presentation with a question like this . . . Are you tired of feeling tired all the time?  Wouldn’t you just LOVE to know what I have to say next after that question?

And this can apply to any product!  Let’s try jewelry . . . how about this question . . . does it seem like you have a ton of jewelry, but you never have JUST the right piece you need?

So get your audience engaged and involved by asking questions at the beginning of your presentations.

This is just one small tip I learned from Cliff and he reveals a lot more in the free webinar he’s giving.  I’ve included the link to his webinar below.  If you want to beef up your presenting skills, make sure to check it out!

http://thetalentwhisperers.com/97-version/

No comments:

Post a Comment