Thursday, November 28, 2013

How do you keep it all organized?

I struggle with organization.  I've got tons of great books (somewhere) on the topic...  Here's what sorta works for me: 

I have 1 2 inch 3-ring binder that has sheet protectors in it.  In this I keep:  
  • Cruise brochure in the front pocket (inspiration!)The first page is "What are Jamberry Nails?" (in case some one picks it up randomly)
  • Then my kudos - notes from upline, downline, customers or hostesses, print outs of newsletter recognition, etc. (This helps for recruiting, it reinforces what kind of leader I am and if I appreciate recognition, I'm more likely to give it!)
Next Tab:
  • All products that are not in the catalog, (Collegiate, Sorority, Host Exclusive, SSE, Indulgence) and print outs of "in action" (currently for Christmas Designs)
  • Top Twenty Trends (I keep history in here too, so I can show what's been popular over time)
  • Product information sheets (Lacquer, Nail Art Studio FAQ & Tips, NAS examples, NAS photos from the workstation
  • Host / Join Brochure
  • Hostess letter
  • Hostess rewards chart
  • Hostess Planner
  • Salon letter
  • As Seen In
  • Fundraising letter
Next Tab:
  • FAQ's for potential consultants
  • Fast Start rewards page
  • Personal Sales Bonus Chart
  • Comp Plan 1 & 2
Next Tab:
  • Direct Selling Terms and Definitions (from BBB.org)
  • DSA Expectations for Consumers and Salespersons (from DSA.org)
  • Spanish materials
  • Customer List

This binder is what I carry with me to appointments, events and parties.  If there is anything I need to reference or show someone, it goes in there.

I have a 2 drawer file cabinet in my office.  I have the following files:
  • Bank
  • Catalogs (copies of past books -the current one is on my desk.  ALWAYS!)
  • Pending Orders (I need to do something with these)
  • Completed Orders
  • Order Mailing Supplies (purple envelopes, stamps, labels, Thank you stickers, Cello mailing sleeves, catalog stickers (book a party, only a text away, recycle me, etc.) )
  • Packing slips
  • Planning (into this goes calendars and any ideas that I get that I want to work into future events or trainings)
  • Postcards (along with stamps, labels, stickers, etc.)
  • Reciepts
  • Hostess Packets
Then the section for my training files begins.  In these folders I keep a print out of any training that I have created, as well as handouts or printouts/lists from others on each topic.  This way I can easily grab something and add it to a recognition card to mail to a team member.
  • Bookings
  • Events
  • Follow Up
  • Full Service Check Out
  • Goal Setting
  • Hostess Coaching
  • Party Like A Rockstar
  • Networking
Next I have a folder called "Personal Development".  This is where I drop notes from the various teleconferences, webinars and trainings that I attend.  I try to make careful note of who the speaker is and the title of the training, so that I can reference it and give it proper attribution if I use it in team trainings.

Next I have a folder called "New Team Member" that used to have ten blank copies of the new consultant training document that we used to have available on the workstation.  :(  I'd love to have a new one HINT HINT!

Behind that are alphabetical files for team members.  I try to document the intentional one-on-one training and calls that I do, as well as make notes about them personally.  This helps me remember what we talked about, their hubby's name, etc. - so the next time we have a scheduled call, I can refresh myself :)

DESK

To the left of my computer I keep my notecards, catalog and binder (as well as a stack of in-progress things that need to be filed or mailed - let's be honest!!!)

To the right of my computer are all my office supplies and training materials from Tiffany Peterson, Belinda Elsworth and Shari Hudspeth.  (Mostly audio CDs)

Event Box
I have a plastic storage tote with attached lids that I keep stocked and ready for events.  This contains:
  • Extension Cords
  • 2 large and 1 small Easles
  • Blow Dryer
  • Mini Heater
  • Office Supply box (sharpie marker, packing tape, sisscors, twine, paper clips, binder clips, duct tape, etc.)
  • Signs
  • Table runner
  • Table cloths
  • Sparkly cup holder with Jam pens
  • Sparkly calculator
Party Bag:
I have a Thirty-One Large Utility Tote that I keep stocked for parties.  It goes on top of my event box for events :)
  • My binder (gets added at the last minute)
  • 3-5 hostess packets (added prior to party, with current hostess specials)
  • Catalogs
  • Mini clip boards with order forms
  • Gallon ziplock baggie with brochures and business cards
  • Gallon ziplock baggie with survey cards
  • Zipper bag of logo pens, sharpie markers, name tags
  • Lacquer
  • Application supplies
  • 3 "Party Packages" with mini heaters & application kits (I need to find better bags, my paper handle bags for these are getting worn out!)
My inventory is kept in 4*6 photo albums, which I carry with me in my purse almost all the time.  I keep a bag with challenge cards, samples and the purple outer envelopes also in my purse.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I just started, and this is a tremendous help for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluehost is ultimately the best website hosting company with plans for any hosting needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

    Follow our signals right now & earn up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete