Monday, November 11, 2013

Are you feeling like a Super Hero today?

SUBJECT: Are you feeling like a Super Hero today?
We often say that an objection is simply a request for more information. However, what would happen if YOU were the one gathering more information rather than providing a barrage of answers?
Most of us generally get the same objections when discussing the business opportunity.
“I don't have enough time…” or “I'm too busy…”
“I'm not a sales person…”
“I can't talk in front of people…”
“I don't have enough money…”
“I don't know enough people…”
Sound familiar?

Inevitably, our enthusiasm for the business often leads us to the nearest phone booth where we change our outfits and become the superhero known as… “The Amazing Answer Woman”! Yes…The Amazing Answer Woman can “overcome all objections in a single bound”…Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane…no, it is AMAZING ANSWER WOMAN!

Often leaving our prospects as though they were standing on their front porch when a Hurricane came to call; we are determined that we will answer and overcome ANY objection posed by our prospects.

So, today's food for thought... what would happen if the next time you got one of the above objections (and you know you will), instead of answering the objection, you asked a good question in response, CLOSED your mouth and LISTENED for the answer??!!!

Believe it or not, we found some awesome ideas in an excellent parenting book called, “How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Faber and Mazlisch

Try responding with, “Hmmmm, tell me about more about that…”

-Or-

Repeat back the objection they have just given you, close your mouth and LISTEN!

Example: “I'm too busy…”

“Your too busy?”… (BE QUIET NOW)…

“Yes, I work part time, I'm president of the PTA, I've got 3 kids in a variety of activities…I'm just too busy!”

“Wow, you ARE busy! It really sounds as though you know tons of people, that's a real key to success in this business. If I showed you how you could do this alongside your busy schedule, would you be interested in more information?”

Another example: “I don't know enough people…”
“Hmmmm tell me more about that…”

“We just moved here, all my family and friends are now long distance. I really don't know anyone except my next door neighbor.”

“I understand…let me ask you this, are you interested in meeting more people in the area?” or “If I showed you how this could be a way for you to meet more people in the area, would you be interested in more information?”

The idea is to ask good questions to gather additional information. By keeping the conversation less one-sided ( where you talk and they listen), and more about you finding more out about her and her situation, you will truly be able to help her come to the conclusion that this might actually be a good fit for her and her family.

So, the next time you are tempted to don that super hero costume of yours, why not try this instead and see what happens.




Copyright 2013 by The Success Factory All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment