Friday, September 15, 2017

Vendor Events - You Don't Need Inventory!

Since originally posted in 2016, this post as had nearly 600 comments!  I thought I would share it here in our training blog for easy reference.  This is the fabulous Debbie Bird, a fellow Founder with Jamberry.  The training info below the photo is hers <3 p="">


I was tagged last night on this picture and asked, "How do you do an event with so little?" Because the best EVENT season is upon us! 

Here is my reply.
--------------💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 
Yep! 
That's it! 
ONE DAY EVENT SET UP!

How I do it is not as important as WHY I do it. 

WHY I do events? 

My #1 purpose in life is to empower and encourage women to feel accomplished and confident. 

My #1 goal for an event is to meet women, inspire them by having them SAMPLE Jamberry. I want them wanting more! 

A small, uncluttered table allows a woman to walk up without feeling like she is expected to buy. I emphasize SAMPLE!!! 

"Have you sampled the new Jamberry's?" 

Most importantly, I want them to believe THEY can do this! 

  1. Recruiting, 
  2. then bookings, 
  3. then sales! 
Those are my PRIORITIES in that order. 

When I walk in with ONE BAG! And one table! {2x4 size} I am non-verbally saying, "this is easy and you can do it". 

My 5 minute set up means I spend more time on RELATIONSHIPS with other vendors. And it attracts women in because they are CURIOUS about my little space! 

My inventory for a ONE DAY vendor event: 
2 small photo albums of current wraps, 
{I make them relevant to the event}

mini heater
2 gel colors 
base/top coat gel
gel light 
2 lacquer colors
1 tube of nourish 

Supplies for gel removal, 
lacquer/wrap remover, 
Lacquer quick dry,
Nail prep 
Cotton pads 
Purple cuticle pusher 
Jamberry logo nail files 

20 opportunity packets 
10 hostess packets 
My planner 
Extension cord 
Black table cloth 
Jamberry runner 

Samples wraps 
50 catalogs 
Vendor drawing slips 
Customer drawing slips 
{UPDATE:drawing slip info in thread},
And 
An attitude that I own that room! 

100% success 100% of the time

Q&A (from the comments on the original post)

Do you do a prize draw to get customer contact details?
  • Yes, that's why I have two different drawing slips.
  • Vendor & Customer drawing slips: 
    Are the same except I put a V on the ones I hand to vendors as I walk around before the show starts. 
    I give every vendor a catalog and vendor slip. 
    I do two separate drawings.
  • What gifts do I give? 
    What would bring the most value to your business right now? 
    {imagine the 🎶Jeopardy 🎶music playing 🎶
    It depends on the event. 
    Here are examples: 

    An exclusive pampering with 2 other friends. I meet with her and two friends who have a "spa" experience. 
    Free gel manicure. 
    Holiday statement wraps for a year. 
    Mommy and me manicure with 2 other moms and kids. 
    Mani and margarita night for her and 4 friends. 
    ~~~~ 
    See where I am going with this? They win AN EXPERIENCE. 
    Give it a crazy fun and exciting name.
  • One of our crazy awesome and award winning executives gives away experiences, too!

    I love her name for them!
What are Holiday statement wraps for a year?
  • I give wraps that coordinate with the holidays. It's basically Valentines, St Patty, Easter, July 4th, Memorial Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
    Change according to country and religion


So small table, several chairs, lots of samples?
  • Standing! Waist high table. I have tried sitting several times and it limits the number of samples. And it takes ppl out of eye to eye contact.
  • Check out my STM, Anne Kinsey's post in our team page a few minutes ago! #rockstar
    She has the list above PLUS - see those 4 black boxes? 
    They are table raisers! They bring your average hip high table up to your waist so your customers aren't bending over. It's a much more comfortable position for sampling. 
    AND.... You will most likely be the only one whose table is waist high. 
    This sets you apart!  I am so stinking proud of you, Anne! You believe in your purpose, vision and your goals! You are remarkable.

What is under your gel light and gel colors?
  • The box! LOL and all that comes in it! It's my fave thing to offer as a booking reward! (Hosts can get this for free or half-off!)
I'm going to do this at my next bridal event!
  • Bridal events are unlike any other event! 
    Remember: they NOT there to buy. They are looking door prizes, ways to make their wedding look like a Pinterest picture, to get more bang for daddies buck! 
    I offer them a part time job to increase their wedding budget or to pay a honeymoon beyond their wildest dreams!
Question about doing samples at an event. I have had my event visitors have issues with wraps after they have applied at the event because, well it's an event and we don't usually get the best nail prep before applying. Have you found this to be much of a problem for you?
  • Yes, It's only about 50/50! 
    And that is one of the things I tell them! The only time I use the word IF is when they are finished applying the wrap. 
    "If, and this is important, if you get any lifting or a bump on the edge of the wraps it's usually caused by "invisible" cuticles. Have you ever had a professional manicure? And they soak your nails? They are removing your invisible cuticle. It's easy to remove safely at home". 
    And that is GREAT! Because that allows me to build that relationship with them. 
    They WANT a mani like mine! And they have access to me 24/7 by text to make sure they can have it! 
    Their sample application has NEVER stood in the way of my long term success!
I don't know if I can do this
  • When you are at an event remember that you will NEVER have that opportunity again! You have that one day, that one meeting and one moment to make a difference in another woman's life! 
    This is your time to make your business all you dreamed it could be. 
    Look at each meeting like 20 second of opportunity to be brave! And you will always succeed!

Do you have them apply the wraps to their nails at the show?
  • yes! They apply them because I want them to have that AHA moment!  I only use the cold method (apply first, then heat to seal)
  • This is one of my favorite quotes that keeps me focused! 
    We add value to others when we help others. They never forget that. 
    And that increases our value. 
    We become the go-to girl!

If your event is outside would you not bring the gels since the sunlight can cure them?
  • You are spot on! 
    If I am in a tent that protects me from direct sun I might consider it.
  • if you want to show of the gels, use photos or color swatches! Then when someone says "oh I love that color!" You could use it as a booking tool! "Oh, you can try our gels when you book a Party or one on one consultation with me!" 
When it comes to making a sale, do you use square or paypal
  • Square
I"m curious. After you do your 30 second speech about them being some of the stuff you can get free from Jamberry, what's your next sentence or two - like do you go for hosting, getting together to try them, or how do you approach it?
  • Nope!  I say that then I shut up and listen!




Feedback
I've booked 5 events so far and have three more choosing dates! They were thanking me for their prize! I had two ladies tell me they were so excited to win something and couldn't wait for their events! Easiest bookings I've ever made! I may have to give this to guests at my in homes too!

I'm not offering the package to long distant customers. Honestly, I am having so much success with this right now I can be picky with who wins now. I offer a special to everyone else- free mani with purchase, etc. the party in a bag is a great idea however, or you can do a zoom live event?

Party in a bag is heater, app tools and some samples. The long distance host invites some friends over and you skype, FaceTime, FB live from a private event or zoom in. You all apply wraps together and conduct it similarly to an in home. You reward the hostess with the heater if her event reaches a certain amount in sales 

I'm reading this and thinking "mind blown". I have this amazing personality that I've been hiding behind, trying to sell, sell, sell at these shows. This is inspiring to me and I can't wait for my upcoming event to give this a try. I'm not going to hide behind my table anymore. I'm going to let my personality shine AND give the ladies and other vendors that walk by the EXPERIENCE they never get at these Vendor shows.

Thank you for this post !!!! I have passed up a couple events because i didnt feel i had enough to have a good turn out !!!! Now i feel like i can and I WILL!!!!! Currently looking for an event !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete