Sunday, September 24, 2017

Using garage sale groups to generate leads


This idea was shared by a fellow leader originally.  She posted in a local Buy Sell Trade group and got 124 comments in less than 24 hours.  Here's what she posted:


I posted in 3 local groups... Here's the text I included:

ISO hand models. I need updated portfolio photos for my Instagram and other social media. All ages and skin tones needed and wanted
In return, you'll receive a free manicure! Sit for a 45 minute appointment including a brief manicure photo shoot. Please message me for appointment times.
As you can see, I added more photos to show a variety of nail lengths, styles and skin tones.

Scheduling:
Come people will message you, some will simply comment on the post.

When I got a message, I responded "I'd love to come do a manicure for you!  Are daytimes or evenings better for you?"


Once the conversation is started, I answer all the questions (if needed) and try to determine a time for the appointment.

When I get the message back about what time works best for them, and proposed to them, I mark it on my calendar as a tentative appointment. This way I do not offer the same time to two people. Don't ask me how I learned to do this LOL
This is a lot easier to manage if you work from a computer with 2 browser windows open, one with Facebook Messenger and another with your calendar program.

Another tip... Add the url of the Facebook Messenger window to the calendar appointment, so its easy to find the messages when you need to:

When they reply back to accept one of the times, I add their address and phone number to my calendar, then delete the other proposed tentative appointment. Once I have added it to my calendar, then I respond to their message and confirm the appointment time and give them my phone number

When people commented on the post publicly instead of messaging me, I went to their Facebook account, sent them a friend request, and sent them the message about daytime or evening. Once I had sent that message, I went back to they're comment and liked it, then commented with message sent or I messaged you and an emoji. This is mostly so that I can keep my place and know who I have already sent a message to.


Confirming:
On the morning of the appointment, I send a message saying I'm looking forward to seeing them today at 1.

If I don't hear back from them within 30 minutes, I send them a text message saying "hi this is Noel, I am trying to confirm our appointment today for a manicure at 1."

If I don't hear back from them in either place within an hour, I tried to call them. If I cannot reach them by messenger, text or phone to confirm the appointment, then I send a message asking to reschedule.

The Appointment:
  1. I message them that I'm on my way (this gives them a reminder too!)
  2. I do my best to arrive a little early
  3. I introduce myself at the door, and thank them for having me.
  4. As I'm setting up, I have them fill out the model release form (https://goo.gl/forms/kWbgfBHxBd6nDpev1)
  5. I ask what they normally do with their nails, do they do them at a salon, how often, have they ever had a bad experience or reaction to nail products...
  6. I ask them what colors they like to wear.
  7. I ask them if they consider themselves "mild or wild"
  8. Then I present 2 choices.  (Remember, you're the designer, they are the model!  Don't be afraid to tell them what YOU want to do, but also give them a little choice!)
As you are doing their nails, ask open ended questions about them, their home, their profession, etc.  Offer a little education as you do their nails.  Share some insider tips to a great manicure, or a benefit of our products.  This isn't a sales call though!  Remember that throughout your appointment!

Once their nails are done, clean up your workspace and pack up your tools.

Photo Shoot:
I keep my photo props in a separate bag.  It contains:
  1. cuticle oil (always a must for great nailfies!)
  2. midi rings
  3. bracelets
  4. scarves
  5. small bags
  6. seasonal items
If at all possible, take photos outside in natural light.  This is another chance for you to BE the professional.  Tell them what you want to do, pose their hands, educate them on how to make their hands look great in a photo.

Thank them for their time and let them know that you'll send them a message with the details on removing the products.

After the appointment:

Within 24 hours: Send a thank you message with a link to your removal video for the product(s) used.
Within 1 week: Send an email with their photo (make sure you do your editing, and add your watermark!)
At 2 weeks:  Send a message asking how their manicure held up, if they have any questions about removal, and if they'd like to be included in your VIP group.

Outcomes:
I posted in 3 groups and had over 100 responses in 24 hours.  I recommend that you start with 1 group and go from there if you don't get a good response.  Since people are not paying for this, they are more likely to cancel, that's OK!  Be professional and courteous, and thank them for their time.  Here are a few videos that I recorded for training purposes:






1 comment: