“Capture the heart, you captured the person.” ~Vince Lombardi
When it comes to sponsoring, I’m passionate about — passion (namely, finding yours). I wonder how many of you can honestly say that sharing your direct sales opportunity at home parties is your favorite thing to do. If you’re like most people with whom I work, probably not many of you. What if I could teach you a way to make this your favorite part, not only of your home parties, but of your direct sales business as well?
See, I believe that if people understand your passion for sharing your opportunity and why it’s so important to you, they will listen from a completely different perspective while at a home party and be more open to hearing what you have to share. The first thing you’ll need to ask yourself is“what brings me passion about sharing my Direct Sales opportunity with others?”If you’re like most of my clients, it has to do with the difference this business has made in your life and the lives of those on your team. Sharing a specific “commercial” during your home party about your company’s direct sales opportunities will let others know that you are serious about what you do, that this is an opportunity open to anyone, and how it could benefit them!
Here are a few home party direct sales training tips to keep in mind as you create your commercial:
- Begin with a powerful reason why you are sharing your opportunity and why you are passionate about sharing it. Come from your heart.
- Make your Opportunity Commercial visual. Whether you use a bag, a purse, or a scrapbook, making your commercial both auditory and visual will mean more to others. They will want to see what is coming next. This will automatically spark interest in what you have to say.
- Make your Opportunity Commercial entertaining. More fun means more interest, which will lead to more sponsoring leads for you.
Here are four questions that will help you get your commercial out on paper. Take 45 minutes or so, answer them, then use your answers to create your commercial. Once you begin to share using this technique at your home parties, I think you’ll find it’s not only easier for you to share, but also that people are going to be more open to hearing what you’re sharing.
- Why are you passionate about sharing your opportunity? What difference has your Direct Sales business made in your life and the lives of those on your team or in your organization?
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? What are your reasons?
- What items can you use visually to show these reasons? (example: a photo of your children, a toy airplane to represent incentive trips, etc.)
- How will you present these items and reasons to the guests at the home party? What exactly will you say? (use a separate sheet and script it out).
My “Designing an Amazing Party Experience” home party audio program talks you through creating not only an opportunity commercial, but also a booking and shopping commercial for your home parties.Click here to check out our products page.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE FOR FREE IN PRINT OR ONLINE? You may, as long as you do not alter it and include the following information (with active links as appropriate):
Julie Anne Jones is direct sales corporate consultant, coach, and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, and to read more blog posts, visit her at www.julieannejones.com.